Monday, May 11, 2009

Photo Mosaics

This past mothers day I made my mom a photo mosaic for her. It was from around 400 pictures from me and my two sisters childhood...........just a bunch of pictures of us alone and all together. To make the mosaic I needed a program cause I certainly wasn't going to do it the old fashioned way, I had to do a picture mosaic in my art class in 10th grade with tinie tiny pieces of construction paper. It turned out pretty good, but took sooooooooooo long. Anyways I went to Google and searched for a free photo mosaic. I found one called Mazaika (3.2) it was a good FREE program, well its free for 30 days, but its still a good program. I posted the link here in case anyone else wants to make a cool picture. It does take some time unless you have all of your pictures already on your computer, but I had to do it the old fashioned way....by using a....SCANNER!!!! AHHHH!!!! Yea it sucked but it was worth it. I went to my moms house around 11 a.m. and stole all of her photo albums, which was about 10 albums, and then took em to my house to scan. I got done around 8 p.m. I did take a few little short breaks, like to go to the bathroom, eat, stretch my legs and stuff like that, but STILL it took a longgggggggggggg timmmmmmmeeeee!!! My mom loved the picture by the way. It was a picture from my weding of me, my mom, and my two sisters. Here is the picture I did, and a close up of the small pictures inside the big picture:



I also found some other cool photo mosaics. The first one is from the new Indiana Jones movie:

The next one is just SOME of the deaths of our soldiers in Iraq, of George Bush:


No comments:

Post a Comment